One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis. Its signs are seldom taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude can eventually lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you need to carefully monitor your health, especially for men at a more mature age. Today they talk a lot about this disease, but very often they exaggerate, or, conversely, underestimate its importance and risk. Let’s look at what it really is, what are the first symptoms of prostatitis in men and what to do.
What is prostatitis?
To begin, you need to understand what this disease is. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate, d. m. th. prostate gland, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ that ensures locomotor activity and sperm viability. Therefore, with its diseases and impaired activity, a decrease in sexual function is observed.
Most often men are exposed to the disease at the age of 20, and the older the man gets, the greater the risk of the disease. It should be noted that it can occur in both acute and chronic forms, in which the symptoms of prostatitis do not appear.
Among the consequences of the disease are prostate cancer and infertility. Note that, according to statistics, this disease in a chronic form is observed in almost half of men aged 20 to 50 years.
Today, medicine is very much involved in this matter, considering prostatitis, symptoms and treatment of the disease. It is treated quite successfully, the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. Therefore, every man, especially after 30 years, is recommended to visit a doctor for examination at least once every six months.
Types of disease and manifestation of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on what caused the illness and how it goes away, there are only 5 types of this illness:
- Acute prostatitis. This type is quite difficult. It is the result of bacteria that attack prostate tissue. The main reason for the manifestation is the neglect of hygiene and other characteristics, which cause inflammation. This type is quite rare and its treatment takes place in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type is found in about 30-35% of cases of inflammation. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of prostatitis in men do not appear immediately, and in addition, they can disappear spontaneously even without treatment. And after that, a new deterioration occurs with greater force, and this can go on indefinitely. There is also a risk of stone deposits, the development of abscesses and other complications, including the development of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of the disease in terms of diagnosis, as its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic region, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, disorders of the nervous system and mental disorders can be observed. Diagnosis in this case can be made only with the exception, as even tests very often show no signs of inflammation.
- Chronic asymptomatic prostatitis. This form continues without symptoms at all and is detected only thanks to urine analysis, as it contains many bacteria and leukocytes during the disease.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. Very often it appears as a side effect of the result of prostate radiation and treatment of diseases with drugs. This disease is often asymptomatic. During the development of the disease, prostate tissue is replaced with connective tissue, which leads to gland dysfunction.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each of the types of disease, you can distinguish your symptoms, but you can notice the symptoms of prostatitis in men for each of the types, namely:
- Problems with urination. This is what is included in the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. Due to inflammation, the urethra is congested, as a result, pain, burning and other problems may appear.
- Poor orgasm and poor erection.
- Accelerate ejaculation during sexual intercourse.
- A sharp drop in power or lack thereof.
- Persistent anxiety and psychological depression.
These signs become essential for all species. If you notice that they appear in you, then you should contact a urologist immediately. You can also find out what the symptoms of prostatitis may still be and how to protect yourself from this disease. But consultation with an experienced specialist is simply necessary.
Why does prostatitis appear in men?
If you do not want to feel for yourself all the signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms, then you need to know the main causes of its occurrence and completely eliminate them. Basically, the disease is caused by neglect of health, in particular:
- Inflammation due to exposure to sexually transmitted infections.
- A sedentary lifestyle, often leading to poor circulation.
- Sexual factors (cessation of sexual intercourse, prolonged abstinence, artificial prolongation of PA).
- Immune system problems.
- Long-term and frequent hypothermia of the body.
- Constant stress.
- Hormone imbalance.
- Failure to comply with basic hygiene rules.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other reasons that can lead to disease.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis and its complications?
It has already been mentioned that prostatitis causes many concerns in the form of urination problem, erectile dysfunction, etc. But these are just the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. In cases where the patient does not receive timely medical care, then more serious consequences can occur, in particular:
- With prolonged neglect of treatment, the prostate will lose its functions and will no longer be able to produce a sufficient amount of secretion, so in 40% of cases the disease leads to infertility.
- With self-treatment, a significant deterioration of immunity can occur, which will worsen the situation.
Therefore, we note that treatment should be performed only under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
Prevention of prostatitis
If you want the manifestation of prostatitis, symptoms and other problems associated with this disease not to affect you, then it is worth taking preventive measures, which will help reduce the risk of the disease:
- Observe all rules of personal hygiene.
- Have an active sex life.
- Review your diet for a sufficient amount of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Concerned about boosting immunity.
- Reduce stress.
- In case of any manifestation of the disease, treat them in a timely manner.
These simple rules will help you keep yourself safe. But if the first symptoms of prostate cancer appear in you, then you should consult a doctor immediately.