According to urologists, prostatitis is the most common disease of the male reproductive system. It can occur for various reasons (infections, hypothermia, passive lifestyle, etc. ).
If the disease becomes chronic, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it.
Therefore, when the first signs of prostatitis are detected in a man, it is important to immediately start taking the necessary medication, rather than then to treat an advanced disease. This requires a timely visit to a doctor, as only a specialist is able to find the right medication.
The modern pharmaceutical industry can offer a wide range of effective and fast-acting drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in men.
Signs of prostatitis
Typical symptoms of prostatitis are:
- pain when urinating;
- increased urination at night;
- pain syndrome, manifested through discomfort in the perineum, anus, penis, above the pubis (there may be pain in the process of excretion of feces);
- urine turbidity;
- secret release in the morning;
- increased body temperature.
Prostatitis can provoke other diseases of the male reproductive system, ranging from inflammation of the organs to infertility.
Moreover, it is easy for an ignorant person to confuse the manifestations of prostatitis for cystitis and even cancer, therefore, when the first signs of a malfunction in the body work are detected, it is important to immediately contact a urologist.
How is prostatitis treated?
Based on the test results and general history, the doctor may choose one or more methods of treating prostatitis. Their list is united by the fact that they are all medically performed:
- Suppositories (rectal administration; aid in speeding up metabolism);
- Injections (the drug enters the body quickly and affects the immune system and vascular system);
- Instillations (the agent is injected directly into the focus of inflammation);
- Microclysters (insertion through the anus of infusions and decoctions based on natural ingredients; the procedure is recommended to be performed immediately before bedtime);
- Tablet form (as a rule, broad-spectrum antibacterial agents are prescribed in this form; they can be drunk only as prescribed by a specialist, which means the exclusion of the possibility of prophylactic use);
- Ointment (anti-inflammatory).
To relieve pain in the treatment of adenoma, NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are widely used as well as alpha blockers (they have the same anti-inflammatory effect but blocking nerve endings).
Only a doctor can determine if you need a medicine and which one, prescribe the correct dose and method of administration
If the analysis showed that the adenoma was the result of the spread of microorganisms, it is necessary to take antibiotics. Typically, doctors prescribe broad-spectrum agents that can help fight infections caused by certain types of bacteria.
There are many antibiotics, but they all belong to one of the following groups of drugs:
Before using painkillers, you should carefully study the instructions, as an overdose is fraught with manifestations of various adverse reactions.
These medications are needed to improve urination. Their pharmacokinetics are based on the effect on the urethral muscles by reducing tone.
Alpha-blockers do not cure the disease themselves, but only serve as a means of relieving unpleasant symptoms.
In their pharmacokinetics, they are similar to the above drugs, but they already affect the perineum through a drop in pressure in the small pelvis, which leads to a weakening of the pain syndrome.
Problems with blood circulation always arise with one or another disease, leading to stagnation and insufficient supply of oxygen and trace elements of the diseased organ.
Therefore, when treating adenoma, it is also important to take medications that can activate blood circulation.
Preparations based on herbal ingredients are good for their naturalness. In the treatment of prostatitis, agents are used that eliminate swelling, inflammation and also have a diuretic effect. The best medicines in this category are those made with sabale, pumpkin seed oil and slippery palm.
Vitamins are not a cure. They are needed to provide an overall tonic effect as part of complex drug therapy.
It will not work to prioritize one, the best medicine for prostatitis from an extensive list, as the causes of prostate inflammation can be very different, and therefore the treatment must be individual in nature. Do not treat yourself, medications for prostatitis should be prescribed by a specialist.